5. Example of DONE FOR YOU Keyword Project

This is where things get interesting!

Here you will see exactly what you can expect from my Keyword Service. At the bottom of the post there is a link to a sample deliverable of mine so there will be no surprises at all!

The example project I'm going to process here is for the Diet niche of course. As that's what I've been doing up until now. =)

You will see me select a number of Seed Keywords for the diet niche. Pretending this is an actual client who needs a good thorough selection of keywords to develop a content plan from.

I am going to select 6 of my own Seeds for them. Simply going into Google Keyword Planner and trying to isolate a solid set with enough variety, that when they are compiled together produce minimal amounts of duplicate keywords.

If you wish to make the most of my services, this is a useful point to keep in mind. If you provide me with Seed Keywords that are too similar to one another, the number of duplicates could be quite high.

Selecting Some Seed Keywords


To begin with, since this is the Diet niche, and I want to go from the general to the specific I am going to start with the keyword Diet.

I already know that will be one of my seeds, as it is very generic, and will probably provide some very interesting results when I process it using Google Suggest.

Keep in mind by the way, there are MANY ways to go about finding some Seed Keywords. SEMRush, playing around Google Suggest manually, looking at other people's websites… There are TONS of ways to skin this cat. However, Google Keyword Planner remains the most solid place to begin with a new project in my opinion.

 

Looking through the list, I see some interesting terms that might work! :

Diet and fitness articles
Healthy Diet
Low Calorie Diet
Weight Loss Diet
Diet Plans for Women

Ok this is interesting. Of course, it is not surprising to see "Diet" all over the place, as that WAS the seed term we began with.

However, I think we may be able to get a more broad initial set of data if we can reduce these keywords to more generic terms. Trying still, to keep things relevant to the interests of people who would be interested in material on dieting of course!

Proceeding, I decide to trim these keywords into the following selection:

Fitness
Healthy
Low Calorie
Weight Loss
Womens Health

All of these keywords are VERY different from one another! But they are also covering the exact subject I want to cover on my site. Losing weight, dieting, staying healthy, etc.

Add the keyword "Diet" to that, and I know I will get a ton of very useful data for me to work with.

Performing Expansion on Them


At this point, it's time for me to dig into things. I'm going to process each one of these one at a time. List the number of results found for each keyword using Expansion. Then I'm going to combine them into a single report and detail the number of duplicates removed afterwards.

This should give you a fairly good idea about what to expect. =)

You will quickly notice that almost all of them returned hundreds results. This is normal for Google Keyword Planner. Unless we are looking at very esoteric terms, or using another language, hundreds results is fairly typical at this stage.

Diet - 621 Results.
Fitness - 567 Results.
Healthy - 437 Results.
Low Calorie - 437 Results.
Weight Loss - 730 Results.
Womens Health - 322 Results.
Whoops! Probably could have found more results if we went a different way here, but these terms could still provide some very nice longtails we wouldn't have found otherwise. =)

3114 Results! Not too shabby!

Combining and Analyzing the Results


The next thing we do is combine them into one large list and remove the duplicates.

Duplicates Found: 547

Yeah!! See that's a really good run right there. With only 547 duplicates found, we are left with 2567 Keywords to work with.

The real question we want to ask ourselves now though is, "Yeah, but how many of these keywords should I look into using?"

To keep things simple, all I want to know first is how many of these keywords have Rank Values under 15 and still have traffic. Those are the keywords that are likely to get me the easiest results. Many of them won't even need any links built to them if we make some half decent content.

Lastly, I am also interested in a larger list of any keywords with a Rank Value of under 50. These are frequently still really good terms to target. Even if they are a bit harder to rank for, this is where I will be most likely to find some of the really high value, highly trafficked terms I want to aim for.

Keywords with Rank Values of 20 or Lower: 71

Not bad. =)

We already know a sizable amount of terms that will yield us very fast results.

What about keywords under 50 though. We are planning to go for the long haul here after all!

Keywords with Rank Values of 50 or Lower: 1577

And everyone said this market was too saturated to work in. HAH!! =) SO MUCH GOLD STILL!

A Word to the Wise


By now you should probably have a pretty good idea of what my Keyword Research service is about and how it works.

You will never know just how kick ass it is though until you actually try to use it!

A little advice for people either new to SEO, or just interested in seeing some quick results.. Remember you still need to use your brain a bit with this data and take action with it!

If you see any keywords in the data that appear to be too good to be true, think to yourself: "How many other longtail keywords could I possibly come up for that include this keyword?" If the answer is A LOT, I would start with those longtails first.

For example.. In this data I just ran for this example, I see that the keyword "fruit diet" is coming up with a Rank Value of 35. This would normally be a signal to me that I should be able to rank for that term pretty easily if given a few months.

However.. I am suspicious and narrow my eyes when I see things like that. Because I can just immediately tell there are literally hundreds of longtails that can be associated with that. And that makes me think it is too good to be true.

BUT, and this is big, I would take that as a sign that it would be a very good idea to begin tackling those "fruit diet" longtails! Try to create 10 pieces of really good content around fruit diet terms and see what happens. Increase the site relevance you have for those shorttails and you become much more likely to be able to rank these broader terms.


Summary


Well I've walked you through what it is I do pretty thoroughly here. Even if it did turn out to be a long read. =)

As I mentioned earlier though, it is important to me that my services and data are actually useful to people! It is my hope that the information I have put up here will help you be able to grow as an SEO.

If you learn how best to use my services, you will in turn profit and begin ranking for more terms more easily.

To Bring this to Reality


So what all did I do here in this example?


  1. I took a subject and researched 6 seed keywords to begin the project.
  2. Expanded on each of the 6 using my method and approach.
  3. Processed all 3114 keywords for Ranking Difficulty (and many other useful metrics.). Removing duplicates we are left with 2567 total keywords.


The real world take away:

Over 1500 keywords, WITH traffic, that are so simple to rank for you wouldn't even need to build links for most of them.

Yes I do provide this exact service by the way!


If you would like this done for you package, order a done for you list of super easy to rank for keywords that will make your project a success and your life much easier. =)


 DONE FOR YOU Sample Download


You are probably curious to see what this data actually looks like though!

So here is a download of the finished  work completed from this example DONE FOR YOU project: Click to Download.